Friday, April 16, 2010

Sample sketch -

Here's a sketch I just submitted for a possible 12 Days of Christmas book. (They said they'd get back to me on Monday.)

Even if it does not go, it might be fun for my own use to do some more of these 'days'. Could I get away with a small format (like an accordian book) approach - AND without actually showing the multitudes of figures per day? (like this one - a single milk maid?)  Or some other way of depicting without having to show all of them...?   hmmmm.....

3 comments:

Rebecca Bush said...

I like the dancing! I doubt that you can get away without showing them all (you know people like to count them!) Maybe they could be small in the background?

michelle said...

I love the movement in this sketch, very dynamic and fun. Rebecca is probably right about the counting, since it's kind of the heart of the verse. How about using a border to indicate the remaining figures with the center piece a single figure.

TaraLarsenChang said...

A border is a good idea! Thanks girls.