Thursday, April 22, 2010

And time passes by...

Well, since the end of the horse books, I haven't done a thing art-wise other than one lovely life drawing session. I like one leg in one drawing from the three hour period. I did try a new and very satisfying technique of watercolor crayon for the intial drawing and then a water-filled brush after that for shadows and volume. No erasing!

I am afraid I am currently swamped in the labyrinths of health care and house selling paperwork. But I do see things that make me itch to paint or draw and that gives me hope for when this particular treadmill in my life has shut down, or at least been relegated to a more part time position. In the meantime, food-oriented as I am, here is an inspiring picture of home made cinnamon buns (we called them "sticky buns" growing up) baked by my incredible pastry chef brother.







4 comments:

michelle said...

Health care and house selling? Did I miss something major? Please tell me you aren't moving somewhere else!

TaraLarsenChang said...

mmmmmmm...sticky buns...

Sarah said...

Buns and BUNS! I love the combo of the beautifully sketched booty and the sticky buns slathered with raisins and nuts. Both works of art!

Jo, I'll be thinking of you as your life gets absorbed temporarily by health care and housing sales. Those are such important things, even when they are no fun...Art will be waiting outside your door, patiently tapping its fingers and humming a spring tune. Then, when you find yourself able to crack the door and step outside, art will wrap you in a big hug and say, "Welcome back, Jo!"

Let me know if you need anything.

Rebecca Bush said...

Beautiful figure drawing, Jo. Lovely blues.