Friday, November 13, 2009

Drawing on the right brain




At life drawing yesterday, in complete frustration, I decided to try drawing with my left hand. To my surprise, the drawings came out really well. Even better, I rediscovered that feeling of being 'there' during the drawing process. Not double thinking every stroke, just eye to hand to paper . Faces and hands are quite a bit more challenging left-handed. Last night Brian and I practiced eating with chopsticks with our left hands...a great way to slow down while eating!

4 comments:

tlc illustration said...

Wow! Those look terrific. I'd be surprised if I could do anything remotely recognizable with my left hand!

jog said...

wow--this is amazing, Kathleen--and all of your line quality remains! Were you left-handed possibly as a child and retrained--or maybe you have always had ambidextrous abilities!

Rebecca Bush said...

I love the feel of forms and the looseness of the lines. Beautiful.

michelle said...

Gorgeous Kathleen! So much energy and vitality in these sketches.