Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dream Studio

As a teenager, just figuring out that I wanted to be an artist, I came up with my dream studio. It was going to be in a big barn. There would be areas for pottery, metalsmithing, and sculpture downstairs, up would be the drawing and painting area. Lots of light, lots of space and the ability to move from project to project, never having to put things away. HEAVEN!
Now as an adult I would add the dream home and gardens...
What would your dream studio be?

2 comments:

Rebecca Bush said...

I imagined I'd paint in a garret apartment in Paris. Reading novels, riding my bicycle with a beret and a loaf of French bread sticking out of the basket, a 50's skirt, a pony tail, a beatnik boyfriend, hanging out in coffee shops, writing poetry. Yeah! :)

tlc illustration said...

Mine would be similar to yours - an unattached, but nearby the house structure that was large, roomy, full of charm and light, and had room for All My Books! I'm not sure I'd need pottery and sculpture areas, but I'd like the whole upstairs floor to be devoted to painting/computer stuff while downstairs it could be a mini apothecary where I could dry and process all my herbs...