Sunday, January 27, 2008

Here we go.... I officially announce that I am going to accomplish this year, and create, and reach goals and have a good time doing it! My brightest star is to have a brightest star. My priority is to have an objective that shines brighter than the others. To have meaning and purpose in what I do, and some kind of way to make a tiny difference.

Needless to say, I'm a little under-prepared to make a public proclamation about my most sought out area of growth. So this is dabbling my toes in the water a little. The cold water is waking me up a bit to think about this all. So much 'revelation' this fall sliding into huge new awarenesses about purpose and world from the 2 week trek through parts of India...

It might be easier for me to say I want to master "perspective" or "illustrator and the digital pen" but these things and more are on my list. I must sketch out the bigger list first to make sure I'm zooming in on true priorities.

But this isn't a bad start and you WILL be hearing from me. I'm afraid my new calendar isn't a beautiful one that smells of printing ink and draws my thought into pleasures of sight and mind, it's just my new computer with Outlook on it. And my blue leather 16 month planner that was all filled out when school began in Sept. sits pretty and still. Since I forget to look at it, it's pretty useless... A calendar must be looked at to be useful.

If anyone has ideas on where to post their goals where they will remember to notice, think about from time to time. I'd love to hear ideas....

See you all soon I hope!

Isobel

1 comment:

Rebecca Bush said...

I have been using a method that is not unlike Isobel's father in law's method, as far as making a list but not totally sticking to it: I make a list every Monday morning of all the projects that I would like to work on that week. Then I flip a coin to figure out the order in which I will do them, and usually will get to one or two each day. Some are on-going and some I never get to, but then they are at the top of the list for the next week. So far this has been working really well for me. I have been able to do even just a *little* on projects that I have been procrastinating on for months, and even just doing that little bit is a *big* thing because it gets the project jump started.