Friday, October 12, 2007

Favorite Retreat Memories...

There are so many amazing things about our retreats, so many good memories... But I gotta say that one of the stand-outs for me has the to be the magical year of the *mushrooms*!!! It was like hunting for treasure every time we left the cabin.


I was completely taken with the astonishing numbers of colors and shapes...


...and the surreal quality of the clusters of fantastical 'shrooms raising out of the forest duff...


...and the vivid 'toadstools' that no self-respecting fairy tale would be without!


And then there were the ones we could *eat*!



Mushroom dishes prepared from fungi purchased at the store just don't compare... I don't think I've ever had anything as yummy as Jo's ad libbed mushroom tart. Such incredible tastes and textures (and such vivid dreams that year! Do you think that is related?)

It is a magical memory indeed!

1 comment:

Rebecca Bush said...

Mushroom year was the BEST! It's amazing how many mushrooms there were. Especially since then, with the lack of mushrooms, I realize what a treat it was. Yum!