Monday, September 17, 2007

workaholism and early artistic inspiration...


Once again I return from our yearly retreat with a renewed sense of well being and purpose. It is truly an amazing gift to be a part of this group.

Earyly influences...

Definitely John R Neil is one of my favorite illustrators. Rembrandt was my earliest inspiration, we had a print of his soldier over our fire place when I was very young and I was fascinated by the idea of the creation of light and shadow and the resulting magical three dimensional form on a two dimensional space. Of course my five year old brain was thinking "ooh, pretty yellow light"
Workaholism...
I don't think I have a problem... (isn't that what they always say? I do work very hard but when it comes to painting it renews my energy and centers me. For this I gladly work away every minute I am able.

No comments: